I was ridiculously excited when I saw this fabric at Joann's. It isn't particularly soft or anything, but it is so dang cute! I'm glad I was able to squeeze pjs out of it, it wasn't a lot of yardage, but I managed. I've seen so many cute pyjamas on the sewing blog sphere that I knew I had to make some. Unfortunately, I'm too cheap to buy a bunch of indie patterns; fortunately, I was at Joann's and McCall's was on sale.
There are a lot of cute options on this pattern, I'm pretty happy with it. I chose the wide leg pants and short sleeve shirt. I changed up the waistband a bit, and it calls for lighter weight fabrics, but it all worked out in the end. And yes, I faced the bottom cuff with pink shiny satin. The piping is just seam binding I had around, I don't really like actual piping. Seams on the pants are top-stitched, which I always do on pjs.
I thought I had compared the pant pattern with a previous pj I made and liked, but I think I pulled out the wrong pj pattern. It still fits, but I need to do a vda next time, a voluptuous derriere adjustment. I just made that acronym up, but I know it's a thing and I now know what I should have done and will do it on all future pj makes. Live and learn!
I also made them quite a bit shorter. Which helped with the limited yardage. They probably could have been even shorter. These pants were made for Amazons.
Geez, I really need to stop buying fabric! The bookcase of fabric you see is only one of two. And a few boxes.... I just want it all! And I'm sure work is the reason I don't go through it faster :P