Finally used some of those scraps of upholstery fabric my brother-in-law gave us like, 10 years ago. This thin cotton covering has been worn out on this chair for years and years, I don't know why it took me so long to recover it. It looks SO much better now! And I added some padding, so it is much more comfortable as well.
So, I took the chair apart and ripped out all the staples from the previous fabric. Cut a piece of foam to size and then used a piece of quilt batting to kind of round out the edges. Then practiced a little yoga in pulling and stapling the fabric around it. It has to be very tight. I was on the floor with two feet on cushion to keep it from moving, one hand yanking the fabric, and one hand stapling. It was probably very dangerous, lol. But it worked, and that is all that counts. Now I have a more comfortable chair and it is MUCH prettier. I LOVE the fabric and the way it turned out. Super happy with it. :) I can sit at my computer for longer periods of time now ;)
P.S. Power tools scare me.